Outline of Queen of Apostles Province Apostolate
I. RICHWOOD, W.V.
A. HOLY FAMILY SCHOOL, 1912-1968
(Closed due to decline in Catholic population & abundance of available local public school facilities.)
B. SACRED HEART HOSPITAL, 1913-1988
(Closed due to decline in population, & inability to staff the facility.)
II. BUCKHANNON, W.V.
A. ST. JOSEPH’S SCHOOL, 1922-1939
(closed due to scattered Catholic population & availability of local public schools.)
B. ST. JOSEPH’S HOSPITAL, 1921-present
III. NEFFS, OHIO
SACRED HEART SCHOOL, 1921-1945
(Closed to declining Catholic population; also, the people were of Polish origin, and Polish speaking Sisters were available to staff the school.)
IV. PROCTOR, W.V.: ST. JOSEPH’S (GERMAN) SETTLEMENT
ST. JOSEPH’S SCHOOL, 1922-1978
(Closed due to availability of local public schools & the Community’s lack of ability to staff the school.)
V. HUNTINGTON, W.V.
A. ST. MARY’S HOSPITAL, 1924-present
B. ST. PETER CLAVER SCHOOL, 1938-1965
(This was a school for black children; in 1965 de-segregation was finally in Huntington, and the school was closed; the children transferred to other parochial schools in the area, or to the public school system.)
C. SACRED HEART SCHOOL, 1948-1977
(Closed due to decline in enrolment, and inability to staff the school.)
(NOTE: In 1985, Sr. Mary Terence Wall became Pastoral Associate at Sacred Heart Parish; she continues to function in this capacity today – 2010)
D. OUR LADY OF FATIMA SCHOOL, 1954-1993
(Closed due to inability to staff the school. It functions under lay leadership.)
VI. CLARKSBURG, W.V.
HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL, 1928-1932
(The people here were of the Slovak heritage, and remained very nationalistic. The German Sisters and Slovak people could not overcome cultural differences)
A. ST. CHARLES SETTLEMENT: ST. CHARLES SCHOOL, 1929-1936.
(This was a very difficult assignment. The distance from other Pallottine establishments was great. Even though the Sisters were happy and there, the Superiors made the decision to leave this place.)
C. OMAHA: BENEDICT THE MOOR SCHOOL, 1938-1946
(This was a school for black children. The reasons for leaving it involved distance.)
VIII. PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION SCHOOL, 1930-1954
(Closed due to inability to staff the ever-growing needs of the school & parish)
IV. LAUREL, MD
A. ST.MARY OF THE MILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 1934-1984
(closed due to inability to staff the school.)
B. PALLOTTI HIGH SCHOOL, 1934-present
C. PALLOTTI DAY BOARDING SCHOOL / DAY CARE CENTER,
(We gave this up sometime after the year 2000.)
VI. MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
DOMESTIC WORK AT PALLOTTINE COLLEGE, 1936-1943
(Closed when the Pallottine Fathers opened a new college in Madison, Wisconsin, and the Sisters were no longer needed.)
VII. LOGAN, W.V.
PARISH WORK IN BOONE AND LOGAN CO., W.V., 1943-1982
(The Sisters left Logan due to decrease of numbers.)
VIII. ASHKUM, ILLINOIS
C.C.D. WORK, 1943-1982
(The growing needs off the area could not be met by the Community; the Sisters Left Ashkum to do regular classroom teaching.)
IX. MORGANTOWN, W.V.
ST. VINCENT PALLOTTI HOSPITAL, 1950-1972
(The need for a new hospital was great, and the Sisters could not staff a new facility.)
X. SPRING LAKE MICHIGAN
ST. MARY’S SCHOOL, 1954-1988
(Closed due to inability to staff the school.)
A. FLORISSANT: PALLOTTINE RENEWAL CENTER, 1969-___
(The retreat work has been transferred to lay workers, but the presence of the Sisters is still seen on the property and surrounding areas.)
B. AIDG POTTERY – Opened by Sr. Lisa Wiese in 2007;
Offers classes & workshops for children and adults.
XII. WHEELING, W.V.
WELTY HOME FOR THE AGED, 1967-1988.
(Closed due to inability to staff the facility.)